Get your tickets for the Carleton Conservative Association reception on March 22. Join the discussion with Candice Bergen, MP, Portage-Lisgar, House Leader of the Official Opposition, and our Member of Parliament, Pierre Poilievre, Shadow Minister of Finance, about what Conservatives are doing to stand up for Canadians.
This is a fundraiser so you will receive a receipt for a portion of the cost that you can claim as a political contribution on your 2018 income tax return.
As a member of the Carleton Conservative Association, you have an opportunity to vote at the Delegate Selection Meeting on February 15 to select the delegates who will represent Carleton at the next National Convention of the Conservative Party of Canada.
Conservatives from across Canada will gather in Halifax from August 23 – 25, 2018 to elect the National Council and update the policies and constitution of the Conservative Party of Canada.
At the Carleton Delegate Selection Meeting on February 15, 2018:
- Up to 10 delegates and 5 alternates may be selected;
- At least one delegate must be 23 years of age or younger as of August 25, 2018;
- In order to vote at the Carleton Delegate Selection Meeting:
- you must be a member in good standing of the Conservative Party in the Carleton Electoral District;
- your membership application or renewal must be received by the Conservative Party of Canada 21 days before the meeting (join or renew now);
- you must present two pieces of official identification including one with a photograph and one with current address;
- In order to stand for election as a delegate:
- you must be eligible to vote (see above);
- you must submit a completed nomination form to the President of the Carleton Conservative Association prior to the commencement of the Delegate Selection Meetiing;
- the nomination must be signed by a mover and seconder who are residents in the Carleton Electoral District and are members in good standing of the Conservative Party of Canada;
- Delegates 23 years old or younger may be eligible for partial reimbursement of receipted transportation and accommodation expenses. Total funding available is $1,500 with an individual maximum of $500. All other delegates are responsible for their own expenses related to attending the Convention.
The rules governing the delegate selection process were adopted by National Council on October 28, 2017.
To confirm your membership status or number please contact the secretary at
613 791-8679 or by email to email@example.com.
if you wish to have a brief biography included in the presentation to members at the meeting in advance of the vote to select delegates, please forward it no later than February 13, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Ralph T. Shaw at 613 791-8679 or by email to email@example.com.
Your participation is important to the Conservative Party of Canada and the future of our country. Look forward to seeing you there.